Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving and the Farm Sanctuary

Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate!

As a vegetarian since age 19 (that's 34 years and counting, in case you haven't guessed my age by my hair color), I was especially excited to get a phone call from my sister in California last weekend, as she and her husband were on their way to the Farm Sanctuary for the Festival of the Turkeys. This is an annual event at a farm where abused farm animals are cared for and allowed to live out their days peacefully and in comfort.

Part of the annual event is a ritual where the people feed pumpkin pie TO the turkeys!

My sister is the "Healthy Living" blog writer for the San Francisco Examiner, and posted a video of their experience at this link:

Farm Sanctuary

The brief talk at the end by Compassionate Cook Colleen Patrick-Goudreau is especially inspirational.

I hope all are enjoying your own versions of this holiday -- and my deep gratitude to each of you for sharing in this journey with me.

Blessings,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment