Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Comet 103P/Hartley 2

The comet with the unromantic name, Comet 103P/Hartley 2, will be at its closest proximity (11 million miles!) to Earth tomorrow, October 20. I've received questions from readers, wondering what comets mean astrologically. Synchronistically, in the book I am currently (re) reading, Patterns of the Past by Judy Hall, I just this week read this passage, which describes a comet's astrological purpose very nicely:

"Rudolf Steiner has said that comets have the function of taking collective psychic debris created by human suffering down through the ages (in other words, karma) out of the solar system. This suffering is the result of soul separation and ignorance of our divine roots."

With all the karmic debris we're currently stirring up through Venus retrograde and so many planets in Scorpio, the idea of a comet coming through to help clear the air energetically is a relief! And, something to be grateful for. Timing is everything.

Here's a photo from SpaceWeather.com today, showing the comet's "vast green atmosphere and an auburn tail of dust":

Seeing that our green comet (sounds like an action hero!) will be at closest proximity to Earth tomorrow, this would be a very good time to do some release work of those beliefs and patterns (karma) that have kept us experiencing the more painful sides of life and relationships.

Happy house cleaning!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,

    I think we could all use some psychic debris cleaning. Your post confirms why its been such an emotionally intense time. Yes, it does feel like "finals week in college". Whew! I am really looking forward to tomorrow now. I wasn't sure how much longer I could hold on till I read your post. I check your blog twice a day :)

    TrueBlue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy Hall's book looks like a winner and makes so much sense! Thank You Pam for sharing this vital info!

    Namaste'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a week long stay at the hospital, rare bacteria that comes from soil, and goes in through small skin laceration. I am not sure what transit/comet or cleaning was due to me. But I know the IV meds will be in force till around the time Venus goes forward. I had plenty of reading time " When beggars die, there are no comets seen" Shakespeare. Thank you for the Journals and posts! Jen F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually when there is an energetic shift - for some of us a cleaning of our cellular memories (soul trauma stored over lifetimes) comes to the surface to be released (sloughed off is more like it). It sometimes manifests as aches and pains all over the body. For the last three days, my neck, shoulders and arms have radiated pain. Restful sleep was a luxury as well. All symptoms finally tapered off by this morning.

    As waves of doubt wash over me periodically, I remind myself of the following quote by Galadriel in LOTR:

    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

    Keeping my faith and holding true to my inner truth/light in times of such deep, intense cleansing has been quite taxing at times.

    TrueBlue

    ReplyDelete
  5. And i was thinking, why have i been feeling so tired, aches and sleepiness getting hold of me. It must be the soul cleansing!

    ReplyDelete