Saturday, September 4, 2010

Whew

Yesterday's conjunction between the Sun and Mercury Retrograde had a great deal more impact than I would have expected -- but then, this entire Mercury Retrograde time (since August 20) has seemed to have greater effect than usual. Perhaps because we already don't really know which way we're going, or how to define reality, that adding a Retrograde Mercury can have the effect of tipping us even further out of balance.

Assuming that this occurs with ultimately positive intention, we can look at yesterday's Mercury-Sun alignment and consider how it may have represented a reversal of sorts, a throw-back to another way of being, either from this life or another lifetime.

And perhaps it was especially strong for me because it was exactly conjunct my Virgo Moon... Anyone else with natal planets at 11 degrees Virgo, who also felt a significant impact from the planetary alignment on Friday (September 3)?

5 comments:

  1. Hi Pam...

    Yes, I've been feeling it. Sorta weird energy, I don't know how to describe it other than to say I feel like I'm in a ball of soft jelly with expansive capabilities (as if my borders don't end at my body). Hyper aware, especially when out in public (not feeling too social at this time either)...and as if I'm seeing/feeling this same softness in the environment, yet no one else seems to notice. No appetite either. Nothing sounds too appealing. My rising sign is 12 degrees Virgo, Pluto 10 degrees Virgo, and I also have Mercury and Uranus in Virgo, though at lesser degrees. Even these words to me, feel soft... yeah, strange... as if I can feel more of the essence of things. Kinda cool... I hope it lasts! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Butterphly --

    I can relate to many things you mention, not yesteday necessarily, but throughout this Mercury Retrograde time -- the sense of boundaries extending out further, not feeling at all social, even the part about food not sounding very appealing... It's going to be interesting to see if these things change once Mercury is direct, or if they are more some heightened sensory abilities that will continue in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...we find that doing anything "constructive" is extremely difficult and unproductive. On the other hand, napping or sitting around watching the hummingbirds and finches fly around the backyard while the trees dance in the breeze seems much more fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you mentioned your Virgo Moon and 11 degrees Virgo because this last Friday was tough for me as well. I have both my North Node and Saturn at 13 and 19 degrees Virgo respectively. So a semi-conjunction of Mercury-Sun with my North Node-Saturn in Virgo was tough on my ability to do anything productive (err...what society labels as being "productive").

    It felt like a deep part of me was sent on a wild whitewater rafting trip down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon.

    Whew! Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment and confirmation! Perhaps because the conjunction was conjunct my Moon, I had a very emotional reaction, to the point of a near-panic attack. I'm very grateful to a dear friend who was on the other end of the phone and helped me regain some perspective! And very grateful, too, that the effects only lasted for a few hours...

    ReplyDelete