Monday, November 8, 2010

Transiting Chiron opposing natal Pluto

This is a special posting for those of you, like me, who were born in the mid-1950s, in particular those born when Pluto was between 25 and 27 degrees of Leo. That covers people born:

  • from September 1954 through February 1955
  • from July 1955 through September 1955
  • and from March 1956 through July 1956

I've just (re)read astrologer Rob Hand's interpretation of transiting Chiron opposite Pluto, which is what all of those with the above birthdates are going through right now. This transit is part of the intensity I am personally feeling, and I'm thinking it might be helpful for others to read as well.

I am copying this text from the Astro.com website. If you're not familiar with the site, it's a great tool. Just enter your birth information and you not only get your free chart, but a listing every day of the transits that are occurring for you personally. Here's the link, if you want to check out their services: Astro.com

Now, here's the text for transiting Chiron opposing Pluto. I'm hoping this will be helpful for others with other birthdates as well, since it encapsulates a lot about Chiron's effect -- which we're all dealing with right now, with Chiron stationary and strengthened through alignment with Neptune:

Chiron opposite Pluto: "Old psychological burdens"

Don't become too worried by any profound changes which may turn your life upside-down, because they will give you the necessary strength and energy to finally get rid of some of your old psychological burdens. A friend, work colleague or close family member could have the necessary therapeutic capability to help, being able to put their finger on something that you find particularly painful to discuss. Rather than intending to hurt you, their behavior will simply reopen old wounds that you suffered in your childhood or adolescence.

The recognition that many of your problems with others are simply the result of your own tendency to cover up your weaknesses and avoid painful issues will help you gradually change your behavior. Try to overcome the compulsion to keep up appearances all the time, and admit that you also have your failings, weaknesses and inferiority complexes. You will then discover an inner strength that you thought would be lost by admitting this. Feeling powerless or having a vague sense of being controlled or manipulated will only take hold of you if you are unable to find the courage to confront your own inner demons.

Be quietly thankful to all those people and events that are now throwing your life into turmoil. They are only helping to stir up regions of your unconscious which you have been so adept at repressing, a repression which has been blocking any chances of healing. If you can accept your whole self, including those influences that are painful, you can help to pave the way for a more confident and calmer future.

I hope you find this helpful!

Blessings, Pam

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for explaining so much. Your words about being thankful remind me of: "I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers"by Khalil Gibran. I am thankful that Neptune is getting off squaring my Sun, foggy.. but the lessons also left with me new found emotions and a few answers. I am so looking forward to your upcoming December telecast! Thanks for making it accessible and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting, having just returned to my hometown to be with family during this transit.
    Was like having a lukewarm bath in the mud of my family conditioning, like suffocating.Scary difficult painful emotional.Taking it all on in an intense way. Quite a learning process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this info.....I was born in 1962 and am experiencing this aspect right now. The medication I take to sleep (due to Fibromyalgia) has compromised my vision a great deal, and when I went to renew my driver's license today, I almost failed the vision test completely, and now have a license restricted to daytime driving. I'm trying to look at this through the lens of Chiron opposing Pluto, and accept what may be ahead. Thanks again for sharing these words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be experiencing this transit for about May 7th until Aug. 1st. Your post is helping me to prepare for it. Let's cleanse those old wounds Universe!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post - I was born in the 60s and this transit has kind of crept up on me. Fearful, scary time so good to remind myself what it's all in aid of - a stronger self and that we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete