Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reader's question about the Great Depression

Here's an email question I received a couple of days ago, that I thought others might also be interested to read about:

I just have a quick question for you related to your journal for the week. You mention that the last time Uranus was in Aries was from 1928 to 1934, which was the time of the Great Depression. How does that relate to what's currently going on with our world?

And here's my reply:

Thanks for your question! I agree that the Uranus in Aries will bring about change, and the square to Pluto will be an important trigger -- but according to an article on the StarIQ website, great depressions have always corresponded with certain transits to the U.S. chart. Here's an excerpt from that article:


Every time the USA has gone through a great depression, the outermost slowest-moving planets have formed an aspect astrologers call a grand cross with the USA's natal Sun and Saturn—the positions Sun and Saturn occupied when the USA was "born" in 1776. The grand cross "affliction" is the most malefic, harsh and challenging of all aspects. When Saturn transits through Capricorn without forming this grand cross pattern, no great depression occurs.


1780s, grand cross, great depression
1810s, no grand cross, no great depression
1840s, grand cross, great depression
1870s, grand cross, great depression
1900s, no grand cross, no great depression
1930s, grand cross, great depression
1960s, no grand cross, no great depression
1990s, no grand cross, no great depression

Saturn has been conjunct the U.S. Saturn and square the U.S. Sun since last fall, but the other outer planets are not within orb of creating a grand cross at this time. So that's good news!

If you want to read the rest of the article, here's the link: http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0004800.htm

Pam

3 comments:

  1. I tried to see it, but I couldn't figure out a date to place, so that it would show; the grand cross that is. I went to the article and it was not there. I googled the Great Depression and it showed a date from 1929 to 1930 something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you weren't able to access the article -- I just clicked on the link and was able to find it OK. Has anyone else had problems with the link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam I read the article, It was the Grand Cross Charts that I was curious to see in the article. I wished he had displayed the charts. I didn't explain clearly. No big deal. Thank you for responding.

    ReplyDelete